Welcome to Veterans Moving America's #MovingTipMonday! We know that moving is a stressful time for everyone and that moving can be complicated. That's why we've decided to try and help by providing our readers with moving tips every Monday! Subscribe to our blog to get notified whenever we post a new tip!
Don't overfill your boxes.
Beyond increasing the risk of having items crushed, overfilling/stuffing boxes can cause significant challenges for you and your moving team down the road. Boxes that are bulging on the sides, bottom, or top are extremely difficult to stack and can cause entire stacks of boxes to fall over. So, what do you do when you only have a few more items but they won't quite all fit into the box your packing? Here are a few suggestions:
- Put the remaining items into a new box.
- Don't forget to fill the box all the way! See last weeks' #MovingTipMonday for tips!
- Repack all remaining items into a larger box.
- For tips on what size box to use for various items, check out VMA's #MovingTipMonday from January 18th!
- Consider donating or giving some of the items away to a charity.
- Moving time is a great time to go through your things and donate or throw away items that you don't need anymore!
We hope you found this week's post helpful. Soon we will be moving on from packing tips to moving tips, so sign up below to get notified of new posts!
-The VMA Family